Our Greatest BLESSINGS Call Us Mommy & Daddy

12 August 2010

Shhh..Don't tell but we met a nice lady at the I-800 office

OK, as we all muddle through the continuing adoption paperwork and wait for the dreaded "THIS IS WRONG" e-mail or message to appear which then makes us realize that we have to wait longer and spend more money to make it right. (IN THE END IT IS WORTH IT...going through it with Luke we can vouch for that) it is nice when you encounter someone who "PUSHES THE PAPER" and is nice.  A few weeks back I had to go to Raleigh to get some papers "RE-AUTHENTICATED".  The lady in the processing office was like a drill Sergeant.  I was extremely polite to her and I told her that I had driven in from Charlotte and that I would be waiting for them.  This was 8 am.  She told me to return at 11.  I returned at 11 after driving around my old stomping ground of NC STATE UNIVERSITY.   When I walked up to the counter she saw me... looked at me... didn't acknowledge me but kept on opening her mountain of FED- EX packages.  I patiently waited.  I waited and I waited longer.  After about 10 minutes I decided to go the water fountain.  I returned and she said "YOU LEFT".  I said, "Yes I had a frog in my throat and got some water".  Five more minutes pass and she  finally calls to the back.   She then tells me that they will be out in a few minutes.  Twenty minutes later another lady approaches with the envelope.  Ms. Fed-EX says "Aren't you going to open it".  I say "No, I trust you and thank you for being so nice" and I left.  So much for that.  Move forward to last week and we were following up on our I 800.  David (hubby) found an INCREDIBLY NICE LADY who replied to the inquiry and said "I don't have it yet but I will e-mail you the moment I get it".   WOW....excuse me but you are NOT SUPPOSED TO BE NICE and accommodating (well let's not misconstrue that but we all know that not everyone we encounter in the paperwork process has the candy and lollipops attitude).  David wanted to say "Isn't it your job to make me antsy and wonder if you ever will get the form"...but he didn't and that's a good thing.  He wouldn't go there but I probably would have as I am a small talk kind of person.  So as we encounter bumps and hurdles..... it is nice to know that there are those out there working to help us get through this and actually don't mind helping to ease our minds.... It is too bad they are not dealt with every day! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations