Our Greatest BLESSINGS Call Us Mommy & Daddy

19 October 2010

A Day of New Discoveries!!

Today was our first full day together.  We learned many new things!
  • Maran is very ticklish
  • Maran LOVES her sandals (the ones we sent for her birthday) very much.  She has an extremely wide foot so it has been hard to find shoes here. Also with the way she walks on the side of her feet not all shoes will work.  Right now some Rainbow flip flops will not work for her... but we will get all that worked out very soon. 
  • Maran's first experience with a flashlight was funny.
  • Maran heard a hairdryer for the first time today.
  • She has never seen anyone brushing their teeth.
  • Chinese Noodles ROCK!
  • She loves snacking.
  • She is a people watcher and therefore MaMA would have really connected with her. (David's grandmother on his mother's side... oh she was such a wonderful lady).
  • She loves to be cuddled, hugged and kissed.  Kissing Daddy is the best.
  • She is an organizer....things need to be lined up and in a row. 
  • She is very serious (Luke was too at first but a few months around me made that go away as I have not a serious bone in my body). 
  • She loves the computer and the cell phone.  Pushing buttons is the best.
  • She can cross her eyes and it is so cute.  OK will they really get stuck?  HA HA.
  • Not sure if she has ever been in a stroller before but she loves it.
  • She also loves the SQUEAKY shoes.  They are so annoying  but at least her other shoes are off her feet. (they really smell and LYSOL has done nothing on them).
  • Hair Bows -- she would prefer them to be on the floor.
  • Watching Daddy shave was funny. 
  • Two rolls of toilet paper down...many more to go.
  • Bar soap is amazing... and smelling my hands is even better.
  • At times she will tear up and need some serious hugs...then she is better! I can only imagine what is going on in her head.  She probably feels at times like she has been kidnapped.
I have thought of my mother often since we have been here.  I thought of her when Maran was walking out to us and I know she was smiling and crying with me.  Oh how beautiful she would think Maran is although my mom was  blind.  I often think of what she would think of Luke too.  She would love them as much as she loved all her children and grandchildren.  She has had the best seat in the house for six years now and I need to remember that.  You can never have too many angels in heaven looking out for you. (I meant to post this last night before we went to bed but I fell asleep).  Sorry it is a little late.  Internet has also been acting up a little.... maybe they are finding us out!  HA HA... Hugs and lots of Love from China. 

1 comments:

Myra said...

congrats!!! she's just beautiful! I'm so happy you are finally together!!!

Mdelu from RQ!

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations