Our Greatest BLESSINGS Call Us Mommy & Daddy

03 October 2010

My FRIENDS are the BOMB!

Not being able to sleep Friday night was not a huge surprise to me.  "HOW DO I GET THIS DONE"?  Ut-oh, have to add more to the list.... so on and so forth.  David departed for Atlanta and the bike ride for cancer very early with my nephew Dylan in tow.  Four plus hours later they were in Atlanta pedlling away for PEGGY'S PEDALARS in honor of her kick hiney fight with colon cancer. Nephew David joined them from Tennessee.   I got up before 7 and attempted to start on something.  I had no clue where to begin.  Do I get Luke's birhtday stuff out of the way first or do I do the little bit of laundry that needs to be done or do I clean out a closet.... ENDLESS possibilities.  The troops started arriving at 9:30 am and the transformation began.  I hung a note on every room with the projects I wanted done in each one.  Mary Ann shows up and really gets the ball rolling.  Patti then shows and her husband Howard started on Maran's bed and the shelves for her room...after he spent over an hour cleaning up David's work shop. (David HAD to make Maran's shelves and they are BEAUTIFUL).  The garage looked like a bunch of vagrants had invaded.  Patti then started the attack on my mom's room.  I had cleaned out the majority of her things about three years ago but simply could not finish the task.  WITH MANY BLESSINGS it was finished for me yesterday.  What a relief.  I never wanted to go into her bedroom or sitting area.  To me it still smells like her and I simply didn't want to face it.  We went through letters, clothes, trinkets & undelivered Christmas gifts from years ago...many to my niece Nicole who married and moved somewhat far away.  It was a weird feeling while it was happening but after it was done it felt so good.  We found the pads to the table that I had no clue where I had put them and we made room for some clothes that my sister needs to go through to see if she wants.  All of Luke's old clothes are divided between GOODWILL, other younger children and so on.  I kept very little.  Yesterday was a CLEANSING day for me.  It was like I was ready, for some reason, to let it all go.  I let go of the final things of my mothers and many clothes that heaven only knows why I still had.  I am down to two closets now from four.  Maran's room is comletely  completely empty and ready for her things and my mom's room is ready for guests.  Letting go was hard and took six  years to do but I did it.  I feel different today.   I don't know why.  The progress we made was incredible.  Debbie organized the gift closet (I buy gifts all year round so I have a closet FULL of them).  Duckie conquered Luke's room so now all of his fall clothes are out and his clothes are organized for when Nammy & Pop Pop show up to care for him while we are in China. Jada played with Luke and cared for him.  MaryAnn stuffed the gift bags for Luke's party and made me go through every stack of 'stuff' that was come across (something I would have never done without being made to do so).  Tony and Danny were in the yard spreading pine straw, triming hedges & cleaning off the front porch & Luke's swing set.  Afterall if you have a Back Yard Party for a birthday the play things need to be clean! All I can say is "WHAT A RELIEF". 

Now David is back and starting to put together Maran's play kitchen that will go in her room.  We will finish the yard work today & hope that the painter can get Maran's room TOTALLY COMPLETE by late afternoon so we can start putting all her stuff in it which will then mean that the living room is clean!  YIPPPEE...another task completed!  I hope that you have the blessing of friendship in your life.  We have it in abundance and it is the best gift ever....along with that of life and family!  May your Sunday be filled with joy. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations