Our Greatest BLESSINGS Call Us Mommy & Daddy

08 May 2011

A GREAT DAY!!! SURGERY IS TOMORROW!

I picked up the Porcelain Doll early from Mother's Morning out so we could go to visit the ANESTHESIOLOGIST.  She was pretty excited at first and then became very reluctant once we got to the "HOSPITAL PORTION" of the gig. 

Maran did so well answering the questions that were asked of her and quickly told all that entered the room  "I DON'T WANT A SHOT".  So that being said they all responded appropriately "I am not giving you a shot".  She was later charmed by Goldfish and an extra small can of NO NAME SPRITE which suited her just fine.  At that point this AVID DIET COKE Lover gladly took the tin can labeled "DIET SODA" that was offered to me. The can looked like something from the 60's. 

After speaking with nurses, the anesthesiologist and others a nice lady who is from CHILD LIFE" came in and gave her a Dr's Bag.  Maran fell in love.  She loved all the goodies in it and the fact that the oxygen mask smelled like strawberries made it all the better.   Three hours later we were out of there and onto lunch.

SO WE ARE READY for surgery. We go in Wednesday the 11th at 9:30 am and surgery starts at noon.  It will take about three hours.  (When I heard this my first 'OH MY' set in.  I became slightly teary eyed and wasn't sure why.  Because this is really happening?  Because she will be gone and going through this for three hours?  Because of the pain afterwords?  I wasn't sure but at that moment I hadn't the time to dissect it. 

Off to lunch we went and then to mommy's office for a short visit.  We then picked up Abbey (our Golden) at the dry cleaners (poodle parlor) and headed home.  Once home Maran was more than happy to see Tefie.  Luke and Tefie left for Luke's ball game and Maran and I set out for some shopping.  7 pairs of shoes later we were onto dinner.  Who can resist lots of chips and salsa/?  Maran certainly can not!  We had a nice dinner and it was the end of a near perfect day.  She was hugging and loving on me and did not want to let me go.  (Had Daddy been here then I would have been cold turkey).  However, Daddy was at the race in Darlington camping in the in-field and doing who knows what else. (joking).  So we have had a weekend 'alone' and have been so productive. 

My day with Maran was such a gift.  It was given to me and I will cherish it forever.  I will remember it especially when I see her in the hospital  bed probably in pain. Best of all her legs are going to be fixed and she seems to be ready for it.  She will say "I don't want to fall anymore" which simply breaks my heart. 

Her friends in class are so jealous of her cast.  They just think it is 'super cool.'.  Maran doesn't have a REAL problem with it either.. however the one after surgery will be a FULL LEG CAST which she will not be happy with.  So we have 1 more 'happy cast' day and then we will go from there. (onto the surgery and the FULL LEG NON HAPPY CAST).

From HOT PINK Cast-ville we say grab a Sharpie and sign your name!

Hugs to all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations