Our Greatest BLESSINGS Call Us Mommy & Daddy

04 June 2011

Perfect Words

Some would gather money
Along the path of life;
Some would gather roses,
And rest from worldly strife.
But I would gather children
From among the thorns of sin;
I would seek a golden curl,
And a freckled, toothless grin.
For money cannot enter
In that land of endless day;
And roses that are gathered
Soon will wilt along the way.
But, oh, the laughing children,
As I cross the sunset sea,
And the gates swing wide to heaven -
I can take them in with me.

WHAT PERFECT WORDS!  I do not know who to give credit to for these most wonderful words but they are just right for us.  Our children give us countless giggles each and every day.  Although we are older and often I feel more haggard than I think I should I would not trade it for the world.  THE HAPPIEST Picture to me is seeing Luke and Maran run to daddy when he comes home from work each day.  They scream with happiness and shriek with joy.  To me there is no better sound or sight than this.  Daddy's children are loved more than they will ever know.  They will not know how we dreamed of them or how we worry about them.  I worry about the future for them and their safety.  I tear up thinking of their first heart break and want to cringe when I will see others being mean to them.  It is all a part of life but one that I want to protect them from. 

So for all the hours that I worry about them now which will pale in comparison to the "teen years" I want to just put them in a bubble.   I can only hope that they will not 'encounter the mean girls (Maran) or boys'  (Luke) like I did and so many others for that matter. We can only teach them how to deal with the ups and downs and send them on their way while we secretly worry about their feelings and pray continuously for their safety.

In wonderful Happy Spirits.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations