Our Greatest BLESSINGS Call Us Mommy & Daddy

21 August 2010

I met a Taxi Driver --- IS THIS FATE?

Being the shy person that I am is often quite challenging.  So when I landed in San Francisco today it was a pleasant surprise to get an INCREDIBLY NICE AND HANDSOME CHINESE Cab Driver. (Joking by the way about being shy).  Turns out he came from an area VERY CLOSE TO where Maran is and was so informative.  He told me that we will still get the "LOOKS" that we get often when we are in public with Luke.... the looks like "Oh you two have a baby that doesn't look so Anglo-Saxon".  That type look.  That said he explained that it would be fine.  He stated that people understand the situation with babies in China .... especially girls.  He told me that she would LOVE being in America as he does.  He went on to tell me how proud he is to be an American and he is even prouder that his children are American.  He also told me that he cries on the 4th of July.... you know what.....I do too.  Is it fate that I met him?    What a joy and relief it was talking to him.  I don't know why it was such a relief because I have not been nervous about any of this process....well except the wait and that's a whole different issue.  I am sure it was because he was from somewhere that is SO REMOTELY close to where she is.  He was such an inspiration.  I explained how I want Maran' to know where she is from and embrace her heritage but also have an appreciation for where she will be.  He said "That's what my parents did and that's all you can do".  Today gets a SUPER WOW from me.  I love how all this "CHINESE" continues to pop up in our lives.... is it fate?  It's that and
A LOT more!! 

1 comments:

Alison said...

Great story! I love it! That is what keeps happening to us...God seems to be putting "Ethiopia" around us everywhere! Your daughter is so beautiful! Excited to watch your journey to her unfold!

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations