Our Greatest BLESSINGS Call Us Mommy & Daddy

25 August 2010

NVC Letter Received --I -800 Cabeled to China

After a full day of traveling from San Francisco back to North Carolina it was nice to meet some GOOD NEWS that appeared in our mail box.  (David was on his way back from Chicago so we met up at the airport and rode home together). I had the "WEARY TRAVELER BLUES" today.  David had the "I AM LUCKY TO BE ALIVE" syndrome.  As his plane was crossing the runway he looked out the window and saw another plane coming at them.  The other plane aborted landing in order to not crash into them.  Can we all say..shhhewwwww?

Tomorrow will be our 20th Anniversary.  I never thought I would be 20 years old let alone married for 20 years.. but here it is.  Good thing is that we both signed up for another year.   With that plane incident was David trying to get out of his contract with me?  UHM......What a ROAD it has been.  From getting married after college and having NO NICKELS to rub together to caring for a very ailing and sick parent for eight years to infertility issues that were beyond our wildest dreams to adopting the most PRECIOUS little boy from Guatemala and now waiting on Miss Sassafras from China I can say that our life has been anything but boring. 

So what does this mean?  Not much more than the heading.  David (the keeper of paperwork and most organized human ever in regards to our adoption and forms and so forth) says that in a nutshell, we now wait for our ARTICLE 5 and TA.  I must be honest and will say that after this process I want to have a period of time with NO ACRONYMS in my life!  HA HA.  I won't say the amount of days we are guessing but our friends say that the baby pool will start soon.  Quite frankly I really am ready for my water to break.  Delivering a 3 year old toddler should be interesting...another HA there!

Tomorrow we will celebrate our anniversary by letting Luke pick our place to dine.  Should be interesting. I think it will be something along the lines of getting Mexican Take Out and going to a quaint picnic area close to the train tracks so Luke can watch the trains go by and wave to the conductors.  I can not think of a better way to spend our 20th Anniversary and would not change ANY of  it for the world. 

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for that post...you make me laugh! Even though I have never laid eyes on you, I love you and appreciate our little treasure of friendship...thanks for always having an encouraging word...it means alot! Hugs, Jennifer

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations