Our Greatest BLESSINGS Call Us Mommy & Daddy

25 August 2010

Mommy & Daddy have been Married for 20 Years!

While we are using our BLOG to share our thoughts about Maran and our journey to her we are also using it as one of her LIFE BOOKS.  (I really need to get popping on her actual hands-on Life Book).  I already have many things to put in it and need for that FIRE to pop under me so that I will get it done.  I work SO MUCH better under extreme pressure... ONE CHARACTERISTIC I truly wish I didn't have.  That being said I am posting for Maran a picture of her FOREVER MOMMY and DADDY on their wedding day.  To this day we can truly say that it was one of the funnest days of our lives.  We had an incredible party the night before hosted by David's parents and believe me they know not only how to throw a party but how to host one as well.  Despite the fact that we were hardly moving the day of our wedding is irrelevant. Our wedding could not have been any better.  Sure more money could have been spent but why?  My mother pulled off an incredible event and she was the party.  She spent more than she had in order to give me the wedding she wanted me to have and knew that I wanted. She was the type mom that EVERYONE loved and rightfully so.  There probably has not been a sweeter person on earth than what she was.  She did without so her children would not have to do so.  She was nice to everyone...even the kids at school that were not nice to my sister and I.  When the Lord reached down to grab her and take her to heaven he got perhaps the best ANGEL ever.  She now is watching us and our GROWING FAMILY from the best seat in the house.  I miss that she will never get to see Luke and how adorable he is.  (Even though she was completely blind when she died). When he was young and I rocked him to sleep I cried thinking of her and how she would tell me to be patient with him.  I know that she would have stayed up with him all night long and NEVER once complain.  When I am sick and just want to roll over and sleep I hear her voice telling me to "SUCK IT UP...you're a mommy and you just have to deal with it".  I cry writing this as I miss her every day.  In six years NOT ONE day has passed that I don't think about her or speak to her.  I wanted so badly for her to be there to hold me when I was having my miscarriage(s).  I wanted her to be there for David and I when we lost our daughter Sophie (who we were going to adopt and who is Luke's twin sister) when she died.   I wish that she was there the day that my sister and I went to her doctor and got the news that she (my sister)  has  Multiple Sclerosis. That said, CALL YOUR MOTHER... tell her you love her and  thank her for making your life what it is today.  I can only hope that I AM HALF the mother that my mom was and then my children will be very lucky.  Thank you Mom for creating incredible memories for me not only on my wedding day but every day.  I am blessed to have had such a mother! 

1 comments:

Sarafan2 said...

Beautiful blog you have! I just got done reading about you and your family. Your mom was trully a special person to you. You looked absolutely amazing on your wedding day. COngrats to you and your beautiful family!!

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations