Our Greatest BLESSINGS Call Us Mommy & Daddy

14 September 2010

Article 5 Picked up from the Consulate/ "There's no place like home"

After a 9 1/2 hour flight from Italy it was nice to land in the GOOD OLE' USA with some great news.  I am a little too old to be 'awake for 24 plus hours' any more but that is what life brings to me every few months.  I love to travel.  I don't like leaving home but I am so blessed with my work set up.  For many years (before my mother's illness and before Snickerdoodle Luke of course) I worked MANY hours a week.  David traveled as well so I helped to build a small company into what is now a pretty big one.  It was a super journey.  All those 90 plus hour weeks are now paying off as I pretty much set my own schedule.  I am surrounded by incredible employees who can really hold the fort down which helps.  I can work from home, I can go into the office for a while or I can spend the day or afternoon with Luke.  I also work with a man who absolutely loves Luke.  Luke lovingly refers to him as "Buddy".  Whatever is presented I have the flexibility to do what I want.   Not a bad trade off for all the tireless energy I gave for so many years.  Don't get me wrong.... I still work hard and I do work from home some late nights and some early mornings but it works.  I still get to travel but the best part is coming home and my travel schedule has been abbreviated SIGNIFICANTLY since Luke's arrival as it should be!  Every time I land back in the US I have tears in my eyes.  I listen to Michael Buble's "Home" and Kenny Loggins "Celebrate me Home".  As well we have to give credit to Carolina's own James Taylor and "Carolina in my Mind".  My world presents the words "THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME" often.

All that said, our Article 5 was picked up from the consulate and couriered to CCAA.  We now wait for our TA.  Goodness.... my water REALLY IS GOING to break!  I have to get home and get her room done!  I have procrastinated enough...however, that is how I work best.  Put the fire under me and I go.  Here's to more waiting but it will come.  We continue to pray for our friends waiting for their I-800 approval (Yes Jen that's you) and everyone else who has been waiting for any of the LOVELY ACRONYMS to pop up in their life that comes along with China Adoptions.  Patience is golden but not easy.  We will all get there. 

Hugs to all and hugs to our children waiting to come home. 

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Ann, you are so kind, always thinking of me!! We DID get our I800 approval on Wednesday and immigration made a typo, so we are working on getting that fixed today...glad you are back safe and sound...Congrats on Art 5...hang on Maran:)

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations