Our Greatest BLESSINGS Call Us Mommy & Daddy

28 September 2010

CA is RECEIVED!

Just when we were beginning to think that we had hit another snag (and believe me we have NOT HIT MANY with this adoption but we more than made up for it with Luke's for sure) we get the CA!  October 27th at 9 am.  THE COUNTDOWN TO MARAN begins!  After being on the phone with our friendly US AIR reps for about an hour we are attempting to nail down the details.  Thankfully we have many frequent-flyer points and even better is the fact that although I have not traveled A LOT this year I have traveled FAR so the points will help us.  Of course we are running into issues with the Fair going on at the same time.  The hotels are not DRAMATICALLY different in cost but will be more money.  At this point, I think cost is relative and I personally feel it is worth the cost to get her in our arms sooner than later.  Looks like we will miss Halloween with our little Snickerdoodle Luke but that is perfectly fine.  Nammy and Pop Pop will handle it in perfect order I am sure!  October has always been my favorite month of the year.  Luke's birthday is October 6.  I wanted to get married in October but that was when my dad was a professional golfer and his schedule just wouldn't allow for a wedding so we had to get married in August (earlier).  That's OK although both David and I do NOT like heat we had a blast at our wedding and it was indeed a true party thanks to my mom.  Maran's Gotcha Date will be in October (another reason to have a party as if we needed one to begin with) and my dad's Birthday is in October.  Add FALL to the mix and YOU GOT MY FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR, of course second only to the holidays.  I will spend this afternoon planning the trip and will post details later.  Looks like we will leave on October 13....a mere 15 days away!! SO MUCH TO DO SO LITTLE TIME... and to think you come to the "SO LITTLE TIME" part in the adoption process.   We still pray for all the others who are waiting on CA and all the other adoption acronyms. 

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

you better get to packing friend! I couldn't be any more excited for you...you will have to give my angel a kiss for me and maybe some pictures to hold me over;) Cannot wait to follow your journey to Maran:)

The DeLoach Family said...

yay!!! i am so excited for you!! can't wait to hear all about your travel experiences. we are still waiting on our paperwork from the chinese consulate. it has been there for 5 weeks which i feel is a very long time, but i am trying to stay positive. i got so excited when i saw that you had received your ca. i will be following you all the way. how neat would it be if we could all meet each other one day. happy planning and take good notes for me!!
love,
kim

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations