Our Greatest BLESSINGS Call Us Mommy & Daddy

29 September 2010

We've Called in the Troops!

Whoever said that you "Don't need friends" must have been a really lonely person or a person of super powers (I believe the former).  I can't imagine trying to do all that we have to do and leave in just 14 days.  Luke's 4th Birthday party is on the 9th so we have to prepare for that.  We will have a bouncy house in the back yard which means it's time for the annual 'once a year' you must really do the yard work well whether it is needed or not type mode.  Let's not forget that means washing the house (pressure wash), removing the dead plants (I do believe that things need to be TOTALLY DARN DEAD before removal...you just never know when vegetation wants to get a second wind).  Therefore the early summer planting of flowers must leave the grounds and become compost.  Still have to get Maran's room done.  The painter hasn't called me back so I have a small army of friends invading Saturday am for this daunting task.  Mind you none of us like painting and we are not that good at it but Luke's room turned out pretty darn good and we had a SUPER time.  Doing something you don't like is FUN though when it's for a precious little girl who will be brought home very soon.   David is almost done making the shelves that will go in her room. (I have asked for shelves all around the room at a high level so that all the American Girl dolls can be put on them)  I will also put on there my first teddy bear, my first doll (that I didn't behead for some reason...it was tough being such a tomboy) and some baby pictures of mommy and daddy.  Her bed is delivered tonight (we hope).  Her cooking kitchen (cute little wooden kitchen set up) will be assembled over the weekend.  David (HUBBY) will be out of town in Atlanta peddling for Cancer. (His sister --my sister-in-law is battling colon cancer right now).  So Peggy's Pedalers will be racking up the miles in Georgia while our home hopefully becomes transformed.  If only I had nothing to do next week then we would be fine but I have to get all things done at the office before my departure.  I am running on adrenaline and LOVE IT!  My voice is getting hoarse though so that's a little scary.  I am hardly ever sick but LOVE to pick up strep throat every so often.  Let's not go there.  Better get back to the "THINGS TO DO LIST".  I think I have it all listed and David adds a few more things to it.  Whheewww.... this is a wonderful feeling!!  I can't wait for our friends in Alabama to experience this!  Now..... off to have some fun.  May you be blessed!!

1 comments:

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

One good thing about being SOOOO busy...China will be here before you know it!

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations