Our Greatest BLESSINGS Call Us Mommy & Daddy

26 October 2010

Children's Pants here are VERY DIFFERENT

This may be a little TMI so if you are FEARFUL of TMI then stop now.  You have been warned.  I have spared you first by not posting a picture of what I am about to explain.  Don't read this if you are eating becuase well..... I will let you decide.

We try to walk as much as we can as Maran loves it and she is the "GIRL IN THE KNOW".  That being said I was simply surprised to see children playing in what appeared to be pants and shorts but something was really weird about them.  Upon further inspection the pants are crotcheless.  YES, so there is no crotch so that they can handle their business at any time.  NOT LIMITED TO ANY TIME BUT also at ANY PLACE.  It can be inside or out. It can be on the sidewalk or not. It can be in the hotel and it can be on the carpet or in front of the buffett. Ok, so I am really just kind of over it.  I was wondering why every place I went it smelled like a bad urinal. Now I have my answer.  I have never seen anything like it and hope to never again.  It makes sense now why when Maran had to potty once she just stopped where she was and dropped trou.  WHEW... I couldn't get her pants up fast enough and everyone was looking at me like I was beating her.  Sorry, my child does not do that just 'anywhere'.  Brings me to the next thing.... if you are so concerned about your child being cold and being colthed then why are you not concerned about their crotchless pants?  Makes me wonder... actually makes me quite proud that we have things called training pants and true toilets.. not squatty potties.  Maran can NOT flush the toilet enough.  She waves BYE BYE at every flush whether something is going down it or not.  See, I have taught her something! 

2 comments:

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Makes you want to have Clorox wipes with you EVERYWHERE you go. I've seen baby butts on tables in restaurants...and just about everywhere a baby might be. ICK!

I can't imagine how cold that would be in the winter. Can you say shrinkage?

Erin said...

Um, ew! Been following your blog...we hope to travel in Jan/Feb to get our daughter. I will think of you and your post the first time I wonder "what's that smell??" Have a safe, and maybe early, trip back home! :)

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations