Our Greatest BLESSINGS Call Us Mommy & Daddy

18 November 2010

A BRAVE GIRL during our Hospital Visit for Blood Work

What a strong and trusting child Maran is.  We went to the hospital today to get her blood work drawn for all the extensive tests that they want to run on her.  IT TOOK ME FOUR days to perfectly time catching the specimen that had to accompany us to this visit.  I was either NOT PREPARED or too slow or who knows what but I was beginning to think that my friend Duckie would have to take over this task for me.  However, this morning was the magical time.  Therefore we got to go to the main hospital with our treasure in it's nice sealed baggie.

Once we got to the BIG ROOM where they take the blood she was apprehensive at first about the nurses but they were so gentle with her.  She didn't want to show them her arms but reluctantly she did.  She started to tear up and I rubbed her back while holding her and they swabbed her arm and stuck the needle in.  She did not make a noise.  They took about 8 tubes of blood and she silently waited for them to be done.  They were shocked at her behavior.  I was too!  How proud I was of this strong, brave and courageous little one.  I know it hurt me more than it hurt her.  (Mommy doesn't do needles too well which is weird after all the needles I endured during infertility).  She was given graham crackers and many stickers.  She was so good that they even gave her a sticker for her brother Luke.  After they were done she looked at them and said in her best southern voice "Thank you and Bye Bye".  Then she shared the love and blew them kisses.  They were smitten with my little porcelain doll. 
 Waiting to have our blood drawn. We had to shed our jacket and have a "BON BON TON" (sucker in Chinese but that is NOT spelled right for sure). Note the $15.00 stroller from China is still hanging around.
 Waiting for our turn.  The bio hazard bag is what mommy worked so hard to get all week long.
Showing our 'ouchie' on our left arm.  The pink wrap made it even more special for her. 

Pretty sure that it  hurt as she kept pointing to it and saying "OUCH".  Amazing how some English words are REALLY staying with her now. 

Thank you everyone for your continued comments, love & prayers.  We really appreciate it. 

Hugs to all ~~

1 comments:

JJ said...

Hi Ann! Your comment made my morning--I had a job interview this morning that I was very nervous about, and your comment made me feel so much better--thank you for that!
How did you find me? Im just always curious how this extensive blog world gets connected--its amazing, isnt it?!
So glad we've connected!

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations