Our Greatest BLESSINGS Call Us Mommy & Daddy

19 November 2010

What a Difference a Lil' Bit of English Makes

We are learning English & Maran knows more than she wants you to believe! 

  • We will count to 10 all by ourself.
  • Will repeat the ABC's (W is absolutely adorable and I must tape it).
  • Will repeat our entire family & extended family names as well as office co-workers, neighbors & friends.
  • Will sing E I E I O from Old McDonald (I know that's not spelled right).
WILL SAY:
  •  "OK"
  • "Here we go"
  • "Yoooouuuuu" (which I say to her in a joking way when she is being silly).
  • "Silly Girl"
  • "Potty"
  • "YUMMY"
  • "Ut- OH"
  • "Abbey, NO"  (Abbey is our perfect dog who really wants to run away).
  • "Luka -- Stop"  (Telling Luke to stop).
  • "Come On" (she got this from me in the car when I was telling the car in front of me to COME ON and GO -- funny as I normally do not yell at other drivers or make comments as I have the attitude that I could be sitting in Atlanta traffic and nothing is worse than that -- we lived there for five years).
  • "Pretty Girl"
  • "Yum-Yum"
  • "Santa"
  • "Thank you"
  • "Please"
  • "More"
  • "House"
  • "Dog"
  • "Car" -- I have only gotten her to say "GANGSTA" once.  I believe every child should call the car by it's name as well. 
  • "BABY"
  • "DOLL"
  • "Sorry" (A VERY IMPORTANT ONE).
  • "Good Morning" (this does not come naturally though... we are still working on this one).
  • "THOMAS"... she is after her brother's heart on this as Thomas is his favorite.
She has called David Da Da or BA BA from the beginning.  She has been very hesitant to call me mommy on a full time basis. She calls me "YA YA" or something along those lines.  I remind her that I am mommy and she says "Mommy" and then will follow it up with a hug or a kiss. She loves to grab your hands and kiss them.  Luke loved doing that too and I just melt when they do it (Luke still does it too but not as often).  I have always thought that a kiss on the hand or a kiss on the forehead is the sweetest thing ever.  When we are in the car and Luke is not with us I put her in Luke's car seat so I can see her easily.  I talk to her the whole time.  I point out other cars, trucks, buses, firetrucks, trees, buildings and all that.  We repeat our ABC's and we count.  We sing and we dance.  I also put on a Chinese Lullabies CD that my sister sent to her.  "THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST GIFTS EVER".  I can put this on and she instantly smiles and sings in the sweetest softest voice.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations