Our Greatest BLESSINGS Call Us Mommy & Daddy

01 May 2011

We Got Our Cast On

 I left Play School early for lunch with Mommy and Daddy.  I took mommy's Diet Coke and sipped away!
 Waiting at the Dr.'s office with my favorite person in the whole wide world.  Daddy.
 I chose PINK for my cast. 
 Play time before getting my cast on.
 Wrap up the leg
 Put some cushion on it.
 Roll it up in Pink
 Mash it in place.
 HERE IT IS!
 Add A Boot!
 Show off my pedicure!
Two hours later I am at my Cousin Dylan's ball game doing my best to get the cast/boot and toes extremely dirty which I did a fine job of!

Club foot is a birth defect that causes a malformation of the bones, joints and muscles. The condition occurs in about one out of every 1,000 newborns and is normally treated shortly after birth with weekly casting.

(THIS WAS NOT DONE WITH MARAN).

WHAT IS A TENDON TRANSFER? 
The cast has been put on to stretch the tendon out before the surgery.  So on surgery day (MAY 11th) the tendon will be easier to stretch across the top of Maran's foot.  Basically the tendon is being placed where it was originally supposed to be but was not.  (THIS IS HOW I CAN EXPLAIN IT IN SIMPLEST FORM).

After surgery a full leg cast will be place on Maran for six weeks. (YES DURING THE SUMMER) but it was either now or September when Pre-K starts so we chose the best of the two bad options.  Her cast will come off the third week of June just in time for us to go on a celebration Maran's foot is fixed Cruise to the Caribbean! 

Thank you for all of your thoughts and questions about Maran.  PROMISE to keep you updated! 


1 comments:

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Pretty in pink!

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations