Our Greatest BLESSINGS Call Us Mommy & Daddy

14 November 2010

Sharing for Snickerdoodle Luke & Miss Sassafras is NOT AS FUN as it was the first Day!

Ohhhhhhhh...........if only the sweetness of the first days had lasted JUST A LITTLE LONGER. Needless to say Mr. Snickerdoodle Luke is NOT at all happy with sharing his things with Avay Maran.  (our two weeks of calling her AVAY MARAN is up tomorrow so we then switch to Maran). We are still torn on this because we believe that AVAY is a beautiful name and are somewhat heartbroken that we weren't pronouncing it correct from the beginning.  What a difference a pronunciation makes!  That said our entire family and world here in the US knows her by her English name so we are going to go with our original plan.  Since I have called her 'AVAY' for a month now I am not sure that it will be so easy for me to drop.  It may just have to stick for me.  I'm not looking to 'rip' her of her life before us and don't know that a name being different would in essence do that.  We will just have to wait and see.  We are still enjoying being home and have been SLOW to get back into the groove.  We are still very tired but that is from the 'extra' pitter patters around here.  The adjustment has been hardest for Snickerdoodle Luke and Abbey the dog.  Poor Abbey just looks at us as if she is saying "Why was I not enough for you two".  What a wonderful dog we have (But I have already said that many times before).   David and I have just continued the coma that we have been in since we got Luke it is just a heavier one now.  I have to admit that our luggage is still not unpacked.  The house still looks like a whirlwind of little people and big people have muddled through it.  My car went for 11 days (after I got home) before it got washed.  THIS IS A RARITY.  For a girl who washes her car twice a week whether it needs it or not then this small fact has indeed rocked my world.   A dirty car is no big deal when you have small ones at home and they need, want and deserve your time and you need and want all the hugs and cuddles they are willing to give.  For some reason my car has always been something that I have always taken care of.  "Gangsta" rides better when she's clean.  (Yes my car has a name and a very fitting one at that I shall say). 

Luke wants to prove to Maran that this was 'his house first' and Maran is not at all afraid to show that she can hold her own.  She is INTO IT ALL.  It is so good that we 'baby proofed' the house a lot before we left because she gets into things Luke never thought about getting into.  Her curiosity has brought Luke to a level that he was never at before.  Maran said 'HELLO" into the outlet the other day and Luke decides he needs to put his tongue in it.  LUKE NEVER WENT NEAR AN OUTLET BEFORE AND COULD HAVE CARED LESS ABOUT IT.  What a difference another child makes.  This is fun but I STILL WANT TO FIND MY GLASSES especially since my rings have been found (THANK GOODNESS).  Sleep in peace -----

2 comments:

Abby said...

Thank you so much for the sweet giveaway comment. That is so awesome you have your sweet girl home. I am looking forward to reading how life at home and getting adjusted to everything will go. Blessings abound.
Abby

Kelly said...

Oh, the changes!! It has always been a hard time for our family. I love how you seemed to have kept your sense of humor. That kept us sane for months!!

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations