Our Greatest BLESSINGS Call Us Mommy & Daddy

15 November 2010

What Did I Do with my Time?

A juggler I am not but I certainly need to be one.  Honestly I thought I would be better at this than what I am but oh well.  I remember thinking the same thing when Luke came home.  Suitcases are still not unpacked.  My glasses have been missing for two weeks now and I have looked everywhere for them.  NOW MOST UNFORTUNATELY my rings are missing as well.  The glasses can be replaced and yes the rings can too but I am just heartbroken.  This morning I broke down over them and then realized how incredibly selfish I was being.  They are just rings... just material things that don't mean you have a good life or not.  I am most hurt that my 5 year anniversary band is gone.  I would do just about anything (Except give my children away) to be able to have that ring.  Forget the custom ring with the nice diamonds...it is just a 'thing' but the five year band was one of the most special gifts I have ever received.  Feeling like I need to gain control somehow and just can't get grounded enough to do it.  Luke has his moments and so does Avay Maran.  I have mine as well.  I am getting frustrated easier and I hate that because I simply shouldn't.  Here we have Luke who has been our complete world for 3 1/2 years now and Maran whom we have journeyed to for 11 months and who speaks no English and feels probably like she has been kidnapped.  She is a loving child and a caring one.  Luke is as well but Luke is used to our entire family being "ALL ABOUT LUKE".  The 'attention split' has really knocked him for a loop.  In time this will pass and get better I know.  It takes extra nurturing and extra love which we have and are more than willing to give.  I guess I just need a hug from my mother.  I feel like if I could have that then I will be fine.  I can hear her telling me now to "SUCK IT UP ANN, you don't have time to be all icky over nothing you need to get these kids on a schedule and teach them what they need to know".  OK Mama Joyce I am going to do just that but it would be a WHOLE LOT EASIER if I had my glasses and could see what I am trying to teach them.  Maybe they will show up.  Who knows. 

(NOT SURE WHY THIS DIDN'T POST but as you may already know my rings have been found).  For some reason this was not posted two days ago as I left it in draft form... see I truly do need to figure my new coma out as I am really dropping the ball here). Can't promise I may find my mind but I am looking for it so if anyone has seen it let me know... it's pretty small... about the size of a pea so it may be impossible to locate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations